RGV Rapid Response exists to support the local grassroots groups in the Rio Grande Valley who do the heavy lifting at the border every day. The group convenes monthly to develop projects in response to the region’s most pressing needs and to allocate group funds accordingly.
The RGV RRN decides how to spend funds through a democratic, consensus-based process. Group decision making encourages collaborative work and shared goals that reflect the best interest of the changing needs of migrants at the border. Donations to the RGV Rapid Response Network are used to support the immediate needs of migrants and the long term structural support that makes providing aid possible.
Want to know how your donations will be put to use at the border? Thanks to your generosity, we are able to provide the following:
- Food served to migrants on a daily basis
- Diapers for children living in tent cities
- Water for migrants living in camps without access to drinking water
- Flu vaccines
- Weather-proofing for tents so that migrants can withstand rainstorms throughout the winter
- Lice treatments for migrants to use before court dates
- Printed supplies for legal translators
You can also choose to support our partner organizations by donating to them directly. Read more about our partner organizations and their specific needs here.